Your source for creating your own karaoke system and collection.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Karaoke Discovery

These days are amazing. We have the ability to download any mp3 of any song ever created. Frankly, after a while it got boring. i had so much static music that i started mixing. I did that for about 3 years, and created mixes for myself and my friends. Then, guess what? I got bored again, so I started doing research on the web for a variety of music file types. I ran across a file type, CD+G (.cdg). Upon doing more research, I realized that this was one of the standard file types for karaoke. OMG, is it possible that one can download karaoke songs? The answer is YES!

This opened up a brand new world for me. I first had to figure out what file types were needed to be downloaded. Just like regular music and its compressed alternative the mp3, could karaoke songs also have a downloadable compressed file type? Once again the answer is a resounding YES!

MP3+G
Just as the Mp3 became the standard file type for downloadable music, the Mp3+G has become the standard for downloadable karaoke music. The similarities don't end there. After downloading Mp3s you can create a CD that plays on a CD player. MP3+Gs are the same way. With the right software, you can create CD+G disks that play on standard CD+G karaoke players, as well as regular CD players.

The main difference is that the MP3+G file is actually consisted of 2 files. In order to successfully have a karaoke file, you need both a CDG (.cdg) and its corresponding MP3 (.mp3) files. The mp3 is nothing but the instrumental background of the song, while the cdg is the syncing lyrics to the song.

In my next article, Where To Find Karaoke Songs, I will highlight where to find these files for free.

<1>, 2, 3, 4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DOWNLOAD KARAOKE CDG at http://www.karaokedl.com/

Unknown said...

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. See the link below for more info.


#yourself
www.ufgop.org